Facilities management is more than simply management of HVAC, electrical and some of the ‘soft’ services.
It requires the effective management of the following assets:
- All tangible and non-tangible assets/equipment,
- Management of environmental issues
- Management of energy consumption,
- Management and sustainability for all aspects of the total asset management,
- Management of equipment and all buildings and premises occupied or owned.
Facility (or Facilities) Management is an interdisciplinary field devoted to the co-ordination of space, infrastructure, people and organisation, often associated with business services functions. However, facilities management facilitates the business on a much wider range of activities than just business services, and these are referred to as non-core functions.
Talk to the Facilities Management professionals - for a no-obligation consultation contact us now
Assets are any building, tool, piece of equipment, pipe, or machinery used in the operation of an organisation. Assets also include people. Managing assets ensures that an organisation gets the most value from each of its assets and has the financial resources to rehabilitate and replace them when necessary.
Managing assets also includes developing a plan to reduce costs while increasing the efficiency and the reliability of a system’s assets. Successful asset management depends on knowledge of a system’s assets and regular communication with management and customers about the system’s future needs.
Total Asset Management system evaluation covers every cost including predictive and preventative maintenance costs, predicted end of life failure timeline and planning on replacement for each asset, including lead times for purchase and tender, installation costs, embedding time to determine the capital and people costs for replacing the equipment.
Additionally energy and environmental management of facilities and forward planning on usage needs and potential areas for minimising environmental impacts and carbon footprint need to be evaluated.
Key Deliverables - Total Asset and Facilities Management
- Undertake a review of Total Asset Management System for all tangible and non-tangible assets/equipment
- Program Manage the discovery of processes and procedure and undertake the optimisation of operations by improving processes and routine tasks
- Evaluation and development of improvement strategies for Planned and Reactive Maintenance contracts for all tangible and non-tangible assets/equipment, contracts for all soft services and Property Management
- Identify and present to Key Stakeholders performance improvements and the realisation of identified cost and efficiency gains.
- Develop the strategy for identified savings and implement cost reduction program initiatives as agreed by key stakeholders.
- Evaluation and development of the strategy for energy and environmental management of the facilities and forward planning on usage needs and potential areas for minimising environmental impacts and carbon footprint .
- Develop Change Management Plans, communication plans and project manage change program.
- Estate Management – Strategy, Go Forward Plans, footprint, seating
- Facility Utilisation
- Accommodation Planning
- Manage planning and implementing of Fit-outs
- Manage lease renewal options, alternatives and conduct rent reviews
- Benchmarking of rentals
- Rental Management
Call EMA on 0414 587 393Unit 1, 45 Arterial Road
St Ives, NSW 2075
P.O.Box 497, St Ives
Fax: (02) 9488 9009
Email EMA here